New Delhi, the 23rd September, 2002
G.S.R 344- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the constitution and in suppression of the Department of Parliamentary Affairs (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules 1963, in so far it relates to the post of Upper Division Clerk Grade I except as respects things done or omitted to have been done before such suppression, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Upper Division Clerk grade in the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement- (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Upper Division Clerk, Recruitment Rules, 2003.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and scale of pay, -The number of the said post, its Classification and the scale of pay attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the schedule annexed hereto.
3. Methods of recruitment, age limit and qualification, etc, _ The method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (14) of the said schedule.
4. Disqualification. _ No person, _
(a)who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living ; or
(b)who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, Shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage and that is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax._ Where the Central Government is of the opinion that is necessary or expedient so to do so , it may, by order, for reason to be recorded in writing and whichever necessary , as may be prescribed from time to time, relax any of the provision of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving. - Nothing in these rules shall affects reservations, relaxation of age limit, and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Caste, Schedule Tribes, Other Backgrounds Classes, Ex servicemen and Other Special Category of persons, in accordance with the Orders issued by Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|1.||Name of post||Upper Division Clerk|
|2.||Number of post||13*(2003) |
Subject to variation dependent on workload.
|3.||Classification||General Central Service, |
Group’C’, Non Gazetted Ministerial
|4.||Scale of pay||Rs 4000-100-6000|
|5.||Whether selection or non selection post||Non selection|
|6.||Age limit for direct recruits||Not applicable|
|7.||Whether benefit of added years of service admissible under Rule 30 of the Central Civil Service (Pension) rules, 1972||Not applicable|
|8.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Not applicable|
|9.||Whether age and educational qualifications Prescribed for direct recruit will apply in the Case of promotees||Not applicable|
|10.||Period of probation, if any||Nil|
|11.||Method of requirement, whether by direct requirement or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the posts to be filled by various methods||Promotion failing which by deputation.|
|12.||In case of requirement by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which Promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||Promotion: |
Lower Division Clerk with eight years regular service
in the grade.
Officers of the Central of State Government or Union Territories: -
(ii)with eight years ‘ regular service in the scale of pay of Rs.3050-4590/- or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department;
The Departmental Officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputations shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
(Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization /department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications).
|13.||If a Departmental Promotion Committed exists what is its composition|| |
1. Joint secretary / Ministry of parliamentary Affairs.- Chairman
2. Nominee of other Ministry/ Dept. of the rank of Under Secretary or above.-Member
3. Under Secretary (Admn)
, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs –Member
|14.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commissions is to be consulted in making recruitment.|| |
:Consultation with Union Public service Commission not necessary.
P.S. MALHOTRA, Under SECY.
Note.:- The Department of Parliamentary Affairs(Recruitment and Conditions of service) Rules, 1963 were published in the Gazetted of India , dated 2nd December, 1963 G.S.R vide Notification no.G.S.R.1850 dated 29th November, 1963.